Announcement : 

Newsletter Term 1 Week 10

Bulls School
School Newsletter
Positivity-Respect-Integrity-Determination-Excellence

2023 Term 1 Week 10

Kia ora koutou,

Once again, where has the time gone (and while we are at it, where did summer go?) As we roll into the Term 1/Easter Holiday break I want to say thank you for the incredible support we have had throughout the term. There has been a lot on…Senior Camp, Blocarts and Gorge Walk Rangatira Challenge events, School & Hunterville Athletics, School Swimming, Whānau Afternoon, Mufti Days, Jump Jam, Road Patrol Training, Manawatū Tough Kids and Whole School Cricket lesson taster day! I’ve probably left something out, but there is always so much going on and none of this could happen without the team of dedicated and talented teachers we have who do hours and hours of organising including reaching out for your support. Time after time you show up for us and that is what keeps us trucking along and our ākonga busy and engaged in their learning journey.

What are your school holiday plans? I am going to spend most of my holidays hanging out with my whānau. My daughter and her husband live in Auckland and we are heading there for a catch-up. Then my nieces and nephews have planned a campout, and movie weekend at my place. There will be school work to do and spring (autumn) cleaning, but I will make time to focus on refilling my bucket. There is no sugar coating it, I, like many of you, have tough days too. I encourage our teachers to rest up and refuel too because we all need to show up ready to rock for Term 2.

If you are staying home or going away – either way, please stay safe, take particular care on our increasingly busy roads, and enjoy your children. In the blink of an eye, they will be grown and starting families of their own. Their reading score, their cross country placing, and their uneaten lunch will be a distant memory.

Ngā manaakitanga, Kim Gordon, Tumuaki. 

Rangatira Challenge – despite the blustery wind we had a great time completing the Gorge Walk and then doing a clean-up at Ashhurst Domain. Tamariki are busy logging their hours and we look forward to seeing some of the things that they do over the holidays to work towards the challenge. Next term we have a water safety session and a footsteps session booked so will be right back into it when we return!

ENVIRO GROUP

Some students in our Enviro group were lucky enough to be chosen for the Rangitikei Pest Plant hui. Students identified key pest plants which affect both native bush and pasture. They learned a lot about weeds and how to control them. They took action and finished by competing in a War on Weeds spray-off competition. We came 2nd in the overall competition.

TUARONGO

Please check out our facebook page to see our photos from camp! We had an absolute blast and would like to thank all of our parents who attended. The baking and fruit went down a treat as well and kept the campers full so thank you for your contributions to this also.

Check your child/ren’s bag for a Board of Trustee notice sent home today.

Lunch in School

The Ministry provides free healthy lunches daily, you will need to provide morning tea and a water bottle for your child. Please let the office know of any dietary requirements, alternatively, you can opt-out of the Lunch Scheme by contacting the office and then provide your own healthy lunch. 

SECOND-HAND UNIFORM AVAILABLE

(from the office)

Polo Tees in sizes 4, 6, 12, 14,  & M

Polar Fleece in sizes 4, 5, 10, 12, 14, 16 & S

Term Dates 2023

Term One Thur 2nd Feb to Thur 6th April

Term Two Mon 24th April to Fri 30th June

Term Three Mon 17th July to Fri 22nd Sep

Term Four Mon 9th Oct to Tue 19th December (TBC)

Copyright © Bulls School 2023
Click here to unsubscribe.
Powered by KiwiSchools 4.0
Bulls School Logo